CDL Driver (Chattanooga, TN)

CDL Driver (Chattanooga, TN)



General maintenance and CDL driver. General maintenance around the shop is required when not doing deliveries. Around 70 percent of work-time will be spent in general maintenance with the other 30 percent being delivering trucks. Needs to have at least 6 months experience driving with a Class B license with air-brake endorsement. Position will include manual transmission vehicles and will have to interact with the public. Needs to be mechanically inclined and able to show customers how to run equipment (small, medium, and large cranes & other electrical equipment furnished with the vehicle). Overnight truck deliveries on occasion. Company will furnish all expenses on delivery-travel. Must be at least 25 years old.


Duties & Responsibilities:

  • – Delivering vehicles both in and out of state
  • – Pick up and deliver parts to customers and vendors
  • – Load and unload deliveries
  • – General Maintenance around facility
  • – Interacting with customers
  • – Usually no more than two nights a week away from home
  • – Usually home on weekends

Qualifications and Education:

  • – 6months previous experience
  • – Current CDL license
  • – Mechanical Skills
  • – Knowledge or aptitude for running cranes and heavy equipment
  • – Capable of driving a manual transmission large vehicle
  • – Clean driving record


Physical Requirements: while performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; frequently stands, walks, uses hands to finger, handle or feel; and reaches with hands and arms. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.



Cherokee Truck Equipment, LLC offers a highly competitive compensation package and a full menu of employee benefits including health, dental, life insurance, SIMPLE-IRA and much more. Cherokee Truck Equipment, LLC maintains a Drug Free Workplace Program and part of that program requires all applicants submit to drug testing prior to gaining employment.


Download Application in MS Word or PDF Formats


Applicants should call: (423) 643-3587 for further info


e-mail a resume/application to


3510 Cummings Road
Chattanooga, TN 37419

550 Discovery Place
Mableton, GA 30126

All images, content, trademarks, logos and trade names are the Intellectual Property of Cherokee Truck Equipment, LLC or third parties, and may not be used or reproduced without express written permission. Copyright 2013, Cherokee Truck Equipment, LLC.